I tend to reserve the word “hate” for special occasions. I guess this is one of them.
I hate infographics. Here’s why.
- There is no rhyme or reason to how the information is presented. Each one you have to interpret, which is the opposite of presenting information clearly.
- Each one isn’t even internally consistent in presentation.
- You can’t easily use any of the information in your blog posts. Annoying…
- They don’t fit easily on most blog pages.
- They can be used to create a misleading impression of data.
They are like the cotton candy of information.
On the plus side, they can occasionally be funny.