Posted by: crudbasher | January 29, 2014

Post #1000

We have one precious life: do something extraordinary today, even if it’s tiny. A pebble starts the avalanche. – K.A. Laity

Well here it is, post #1000! I have been writing this blog for 4 years now and didn’t really think I would make it this long. The vast majority of blogs started are pretty soon abandoned but I managed to stick with it.

I’ve been thinking about what to write about today and I think I want to cover two things.

First, I want to share with you 10 things about my philosophy of life.

  1. Each person is born with an innate sense of curiosity and love of learning. For most of us this is then removed in school.
  2. You can’t improve someone’s condition by bringing someone else down to their level.
  3. Creative individuals have to potential to influence the world now more than any other time in history.
  4. Everything is driven by economics; thus following the money always explains things.
  5. You only fail when you quit.
  6. Nothing exists in a vacuum.
  7. Societal constructs eventually reach a size where their purpose changes from what they were originally formed to do to survival above all else.
  8. We are linear creatures living in times of exponential change.
  9. Predictions of the future are becoming harder to make because we don’t think radical enough.
  10. Just because something has been around for all of living memory, doesn’t mean it will still be there tomorrow. The Law Of Entropy always wins.
  11. (Bonus) Videos of cats are funny.

Second, I would like to thank all of you who read this blog for helping me keep going over the years. Knowing there are people out there who think I am worth listening to is a good feeling. It also keeps me honest in my thinking. I don’t write to get page views, I write because I have something to say. There is so much being said on the net every day that I have to force myself really try to look over the horizon. Things are changing so fast I think we are all looking for some direction. I’ll keep trying to provide it. The things I blog about are so disruptive and transformative that if I’m wrong about 90% of them, the other 10% are going to change the world.

And I’ll keep writing about them for another 1000 posts!

About these ads

Responses

  1. Love your blog! Thank you for sticking it out. I hope you write at least a 1000 more.

  2. One of your posts I likee most, was the one about your newborn son and how he experiences the world! Keep up the good work.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 935 other followers

%d bloggers like this: